Sunday, April 16 - End of Life Planning With Art
What is this workshop about?
Surya Govender will guide the group through a therapeutic process designed to help you consider issues of end-of-life planning in a creative, supportive, life affirming way. You will make art, write, and create a beautiful box to hold the pieces of your planning.
What this workshop offers
- Three two-hour sessions, each with a different focus, in which we will make art, talk about end of life planning, and learn new techniques
- All the supplies you need
- Creative art and writing prompts to continue what you’ve started!
Who this class is for
- Adults of all ages
- All levels of creative skills –
- beginners and seasoned makers are all welcome
Cost $60 (regular price $90), maximum 8 students
How is this Art Therapy?
This is an art therapy group. We won’t work on individual therapeutic goals – but we will support a group process of discovery, skill building, and empowerment rooted in in art therapy theory and techniques.
In addition to helping run The Learnary, Surya is an Art Therapy student at Vancouver Art Therapy Institute. She is running this workshop as part of her practicum. Students will be asked to sign a consent and confidentiality statement outlining the scope and limitations of the group.
Christa Overnell, also known as Death’s Apprentice, offers a range of end-of-life planning and support. She will be joining us on the last day as a fabulous resource for all your questions!